Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Remembering Shepard



Today, October 15, 2014, Pregnancy and Infant Loss is nationally recognized. Estil and I participated in Scottsdale Healthcare's annual Walk to Remember for pregnancy and infant loss this past Saturday. It was beautiful, emotional and yet very peaceful. There was a very nice turnout filled with kids.

I am so grateful for the people who take the time to organize these events so that people like me have somewhere to turn to. These events give us a place to meet other people who have suffered like we have and honor our children together. This was my first event to publicly honor my son, Shepard. And while I knew it would be emotional I had know idea just how heartbreaking yet fulfilling it would be. Thank you to all of you who dedicate your time to help honor our loved ones.