Friday, January 30, 2015

Week No. 28 - Finally! The Third Trimester

THIRD TRIMESTER!

OMG, how I have impatiently waited to be in the final countdown. I feel like I have been pregnant for 2 years ... well I almost have actually.. but still! I feel like I am finally making progress, as silly as that may sound.

So far, all is groovy! I feel great. I am getting much bigger, which I am actually very ok with. My sleep and appetite have not changed yet. However, I am noticing that my workouts are changing on a weekly, sometimes daily basis now. Somedays I am just too tired to workout period. Other days I will speed walk for 40 minutes and just do 2 short light weight exercises. And then I have those days where I can rock it in the gym for a full hour and a half and feel awesome.

Where I have modified the most is the weights. I still lift weights but I now only lift light weights with high reps. I can't do most leg exercises that involve a machine so I stick to lunges, squats, seated leg curls and cardio. My cardio has changed a bit too.. I can no longer comfortably sprint, or run. So I stick to speed walking or the elliptical. Stairs were my fav but now I get too winded too quickly.

As far as diet, I will admit I have not been as strict. BUT, I will say that for the most part ( 80% of the time) I don't want a bunch of crap. I crave healthy food. I am just not eating as often as I should be or as much as I use to.

Overall, I think I have managed a very healthy pregnancy so far with moderate slow weight gain. Staying active is a top priority, even if its just walking 30 minutes a day or doing ball squats at work to keep the blood flowing and my muscles active. ( Especially since I sit in front of a computer all day at work.)

As far as my mental health, well, I have to be honest and say that my anxiety has gone up recently. There is a part of me that feels like I am a ticking time bomb... with only 3 weeks left before I hit the dreaded 31 weeks of pregnancy, the last week I ever carried my baby boy. So, I do have these fleeting fears that my time is going to come to end, only with another stillbirth, but overall I know that the chances of that happening again are extremely rare. I feel a great connection with this baby girl and she is super active and healthy. That's all I can ask for. I know that once I get past 32 weeks ( which was exactly how far along I was when I gave birth to Shepard) I will have some relief. Until then I am taking it one day at a time. Some days I break out the doppler and just listen to her heartbeat for 20 minutes, and other days I don't think twice about her health. All with balance I guess...

Here is this weeks update :)


Total weight gain: 15lb.
Maternity clothes: maternity workout pants
Stretch marks: Nope.
Sleep: okay. Wake up several times to roll over or pee.
Best moment of this week: Officially in the third trimester
Miss anything: alcohol, sprinting and heavy weights!
Movement: she rolls around like crazy.
Food cravings: cottage cheese and fruit
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope!
Have you started to show yet: ah yeah :)
Gender: Girl!
Labor signs: No
Belly button in or out: In… sorta :)
Wedding rings on or off: On.
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment